You thought I was all done with Eldar? Plot twist – turns out I’m never done with Eldar! And with the “First of the Year” challenge by Ann of Ann’s Immaterium coming up, I decided that one of my first Warhammer models had earned itself an upgrade. One solvent bath later, and once the miniature was paint-stripped, I decided I was going to go with a paint scheme that matched the direction and the colors of my armor now a little better, and that integrated some of what I’d learned while painting Eldrad – all while keeping the traditional Ulthwe scheme at least somewhat intact.
This model has been through a bunch of different iterations and versions over the years, and this one is meant to be a sort of “promotion” for Ry’hil, a Bonesinger character of mine who’s featured in previous galleries and who plays a big role in one of my Crusade campaigns. I’d been running him as a Farseer for a while, and he’s put in some pretty heavy work against my roommate’s Tyranids in that capacity, so it’s satisfying to see this character finally get his due – even if he is a little bit down in stature from Eldrad, thanks to the game’s very-real size-creep.
I feel like the difference between this model as it was before, and as it is now, is just night and day. I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out, especially the green colors and how much better the bone colors “pop” on the rest of the model. I also managed not to spill excess varnish on everything this time, which is itself a huge step forward from how my last batch of models turned out!